I had wanted to have a big Beltane Bonfire & 37th Birthday Bash (37 feels so much more important than 40, which I’ll follow up with a 42nd Birthday Bash when it comes- bring a towel!), but life, weather (until recently), and finances had seemed to be working against it.
So, instead, I requested a bonfire & celebration from all of my friends online.
Instead of posting “Happy Birthday, Kerrie!”, I asked all to post something more… creative.
For my 37th Beltane Birthday, I requested everyone to post one or more of the following:
1) Your favorite fairy tale, folk tale, myth, etc.
2) Your favorite homesteading story.
3) Your favorite homesteading skill (one you have or wish you could learn)
4) Your favorite archetypal homesteading location- hearth, smithy, market, etc.)
5) Your favorite manifestation/result of fire.
You’re welcome to participate here, if you like.
Here were my answers… enjoy!
********* Continue reading